Friday, July 16, 2010

topic proposal


My main question is what are some of the methods of totalitarian thought control? What do they involve and who came up with these ideas? I want to know why people felt they have to rule like that. Did they not care about what the people under them felt or thought?
I am going to research the methods of totalitarian thought control to start. While I am also going to research all those questions I have just asked. Simply because I want to know why and I feel it will help me better understand the book if I know what the background of what is happening in the story. It will give me an insight of what the handmaids are feeling and what the rulers are feeling and thinking as well. I am confused as to why things like what is happening in the book actually happen in the real world. It just doesn’t seem right to me. Why does anyone want to be that damn mean? At the moment I have no clue, but I am going to do the research and find out so I can tell you.

Link: http://www.thecorner.org/hist/total/total.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment